If you’re not looking for finger food but still like the idea of smoked salmon with cucumbers, you could also make this into a more fork-friendly salad by simply cutting the cucumbers into small cubes and mixing them right into the salad along with the salmon. This makes it even simpler to prepare, but still just as delicious to eat!
- 12 oz. smoked salmon, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, finely chopped;
- 3 tbsp. homemade mayonnaise;
- 2 tbsp. drained capers; (optional)
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped + some for garnishing;
- 1-2 English cucumbers; sliced;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- In a bowl, combine the green onions, dill, capers, and mayonnaise.
- Add the chopped salmon, give the mixture a good stir, and season to taste.
- Make each cucumber slice into a small cup by scooping out the center with a small spoon, leaving the bottom intact.
- Fill each cucumber cup with the salmon mixture.
- Sprinkle some fresh dill, season to taste, and serve.